Friday Finish

Sort of because it is a block - but what a block - applique without a pattern.  I'm doing the Sweet Land of Liberty with Humble Quilts.  The block is called for Lady Liberty.  We have to make our own pattern, so in looking around in the internet I found this lady on another SLOL  (You'll have to scroll down), and I liked it. Couldn't find who made it. The quilt was posted at Sweet P Quilts and Creations of a quilt she saw at quilt store.
She measures 8 1/2" by 14 1/2" and is the first block of the second row of this quilt. If you want to see the one in the original pattern go here.

I'm linking to Finish it Up Friday, Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop?, Finished or Not Friday, and several others. You can see them under my tab More.  Blessings on this Friday of the Octave of Easter!

13 comments:

  1. I just started following Humble Quilts and all that is going on over there. Hoping there will be a Civil War inspired quilt in my future ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lady is great. Love her colours. Well done Angie, it must be a real challenge. I have never done something like that and admire you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how she's looking out and away! I would get stumped here, I'm sure, having to get our own pattern together. It takes me a tremendous amount of mental energy to develop those. I like doing it, but the time and energy involved get shoved aside with so many other tasks surrounding me that are straightfoward, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing this quilt along too and changed my lady too. I like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked a great pattern for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the artist, because I just bought the book. =) It's Jan Patek, and it's from her book Lady Liberty. Yours has a shorter flag pole, the flag faces a different way, and her arm isn't outstretched straight, but it's the same pattern otherwise. =) I bought the book so I could use this pattern in my quilt, which I'll start in about another six weeks. How neat that you had seen the same pattern and chosen it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Susan! I like that block a lot. Blessings,

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...