WIPs Be Gone Sidelined

I should have been finding WIP #9 for the February challenge and working on string blocks for the 17 in 2017, but "spontaneous construction" still has me in its grip.  I did manage to escape long enough to make a few four patches for that baby quilt, almost finish quilting the other baby quilt, and a few leaders and enders, yet my madonna called me back each time. So another round is done:

It's a bit Gwennie inspired (thanks, Lori of Humble Quilts) with the odd corner units, however I think it works. Thought of blue next keep flitting through my brain. Hmmm, not sure. Will have to sleep on it.  I'll add  the winner of the EPP papers later today.  The giveaway for this new week is a book.  You'll get to choose from three that match your preference as close as I can come.

Usual guidelines apply: Leave me a comment for one chance.  Link your eye candy for another (link button below). Follow me and let me know for a third. Remember if you don't have a blog, you can always post a photo from a photo hosting service.  Please be sure there is some way for me to contact you. Ends next Thursday, midnight. I'll be linking to several parties.  See tab above.  Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. your Madonna is coming along beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this is working up.
    I need ideas (!!!) and always get some from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have seen this Madonna panel on a few other blogs but I have never seen it in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this new border on your Madonna quilt.
    It's looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stop and look at how you accomplished the look of radiating light continuing into the border. The light blue HST are so subtle, but the Madonna glows all the way to the edges. You did a beautiful job of it, Angie. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently saw some Madonna quilts by Freddy Moran that used similar centers. The fabric was lovely when I first saw it in stores, but I had no idea how to use it. Somehow cutting up Mary seemed sacrilegious. You and Freddy show me how limited my vision was. Great job incorporating striped fabric and wrapped corners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I adore the centre panel! Do you remember what it was called please? I went to the Mexican shrine a couple of years ago. It worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someday soon, I'm gonna have my act together enough to play along in the linky party.
    And I didn't know I could follow you! I just signed up! That will at least remind me when the linky party is, since I can never seem to keep track.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...