Stash Report 4/14/13

Finally picked a background for my Whimsical Quilt Garden, so that took care of 2 yards out of my stash. I also worked on figuring a quilt block posted on a yahoo group that turned out to be Cleopatra's Fan for another 1/4 yard.  Here are my numbers:

 in 0.0 yds.; out 2.25 yds.
Stash YTD: in 3.0 yds., out  29.58 yds.
Donated this week: 0.0 yds; YTD: 8.09 yds
Net for 2013: out 26.58 yds.
 
While it doesn't look it - I'm near a third of my goal which is right on target to meet my goal at the end of the year.  And not much so far is donations - woo hoo!  Now have to find something for next week that will use up/ give away at least two more yards. 
 
How are you doing on your de-stashing?  I'm linking over to Judy's Patchwork Times to see how others are doing.
 
Oh, and here is the baby quilt I had to quilt last week - all done and ready to be chosen by one of the new mothers: 
I think this 100% cotton fabric was meant to be a tablecloth for a party.  I cut it in half and added two rows at the top to make it a row quilt.  Then quilted it.
It's not a fancy quilting job, but I tried to reflect the front and do some free motion quilting.  I did draw vertical lines in the center - used a new pen that will iron out when you are done quilting. I was able to bring the flannel back forward to make the binding.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little baby quilt! I'd choose it if I had a baby - which I don't - and I'm glad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...