February Finishes That I Got Done

Here's my finished UFO - even has hanging sleeve attached - ready to put on my wall to right of computer.
Glad to have this 16 year old UFO done and out of my sewing room!  But I guess it was meant to take that long because it wasn't until last year that I took the free motion quilting challenge and also learned to do feathers at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Next - I have all the blocks of Easy Street done!  I'm doing these in a modified QAYG method, so they won't be assembled until I have the back ready to sandwich with the sections.

I've decided on a white border next to the center and a purple outer border. Should be around 58" square and make a nice lap quilt for our living room.

Last, I finished my third goal for February, but am saving it show you tomorrow (that's still Feb) as that is my Applique Thursday & Giveaway day and it is applique. Come back tomorrow to see it.

How did you do?  I'm linking to Melissa's A Lovely Year of Finishes and Judy's Getting it Done, and also Carrie's Nothing but UFOs.  Check out what others got done.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish and your FMQing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! 16 years, now I don't feel so bad about my daughter's quilt that is taking me 9 years to date. Oh, I want to be done with it!!!
    Congrats on your finish!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to add it to this link on my post so you have a chance at my giveaway.
    http://apassionforapplique.blogspot.com/2013/02/finish-number-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work on your projects.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for that long-term finish! :D It's such a nice mini, too. And I'm really drooling over your Easty Street colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should win a prize for finishing a 16 year old UFO! Yippeeee! I LOVE that green in both quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...