Stash/Design Wall Monday 9/23/13

Here's my design wall.  I'm prepping for the next step of Part 2 of Love Entwined.  It will be a while before I can show you anything on the cloth itself. I'm also fussing with a house block.  Looking for the simplest design that reads a house.  I took some scraps and started with a flying geese block I had in my orphan block and the above is what I got.  It measures 6 1/2" square. The door is machine appliqued to the top with a straight stitch and has raw edges. The colors could be better, but it was just a test.  I'll see where this goes.  What's on your design wall?

Yesterday, I went to my daughter's for another sewing lesson and made pajama bottoms.  We made them using our most comfortable pair and no pattern.  I grabbed some fleece as I went out the door and here is what I came home with:

They are going to be nice and warm to sleep in this winter.  I know - but that's what I had in my stash and now I can count that fleece out of there.  I used 1.78 yards to make them and a fat eighth for the block. Here are my numbers:
 
in 0.5 yds.; out 1.92 yds.
Stash in YTD: in 9.0 yds., out 101.98 yds.
Donated YTD: 43.46 yds
Net for 2013: out 92.98 yds
 
Seven to go for my goal!  How's your de-stashing?  I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away.  See you there.

5 comments:

  1. Oh! How fun are those pj bottoms?!?!?!!! I love them :*) Your Love Entwined project looks quite complicated - looking forward to seeing what it becomes :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the PJ's too!!! I want some fun fleece to make something crazy for me, now. :D And I absolute love watching people work on their Love Entwined projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PJs are too cute! Warm and soft for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pj bottoms.
    my design is frozen in time with the same blocks I posted about at the beginning of the month. I am not doing so good with these UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...