Design Wall 10/18

Here's my Design Wall this monday.  The three block strip with sashing in between is an ufo, but not my ufo. It's my daughter's. So when I finish it does it go on my ufo done list??? - LOL.  She is cleaning out her craft room to make it into a nursery for the little guy coming and found this bag, and she asked me to finish it.  What could I say to my 7 1/2 month preggie gal but yes.  It will be interesting to see how it shapes up.  This three block section is now ready to be quilted.  Yes, I am going to make it as a QAYG.  Below it is a couple of additional blocks for the shop hop quilt plus the reconstructed block to make it look less of a tree in the water - now maybe it looks like a tree with either the wind or a lake behind it.  Comments?  Here is a close-up:
You can see other design wall's at Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times.  Look for the cute button on my side bar.

8 comments:

  1. If you finish it, it can go on BOTH finished UFO lists, yours and hers LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good mother is often helping a daughter out...especially when a baby is due. Both of my daughters had their second sons last year; so fun to see them being Mothers.Enjoy your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what Gramma's do
    Yes it's gone from both lists
    No longer a UFO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little quilt this is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree-block looks great! To me it looks like the tree is on a little hill, in the breeze. :)
    No longer a UFO - it should go on both lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eu vou fazer alguns jogos ameicanos.Ja separei os paninhos eas aplicações que quero fazer.Beijosss

    simone/poa


    www.simonert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The block is so cute and I think it looks like a windy day too. Love your blocks. I know my mom would finish a quilt if I gave it to her too. :) And I would if my daughter asked. :) that's what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute block with the tree and the quilt blowing in the wind!
    You are a good Mom to take on daughter's UFO's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...