Design wall Monday 4/25

Okay, I'm late, but the last two weeks have been way too busy. So here is the quilt that was on my design wall a couple of mondays ago. I don't have a wall any more to hang the blocks from - LOL , it's behind the boxes that have materialized from somewhere - you know how that happens, so I use the carpeted floor in the guest room. Here it is quilt top together, sandwiched and I'm quilting it. The blocks are 6 inches without the sashing. I like to use freezer paper to quilt a motif. On the left here is the finished quilt. I call it Fielding Nine - it's an opportunity
quilt for the baseball league my DGS is in. He plays T-ball. They need funds to pay the summer water bill and the proceeds are going toward it.


I used the left over fabric from the front and a little white to make the back. They are a Christian Athletic League and thought this would be apropriate.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, creative top!!! And the back is perfect and beautifully appropriate. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cathy! I forgot to mention that the basic design is Terry Atkinson's Tile Tango pattern - I just made it scrappier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool quilt! I've never used freezer paper for a quilting design, but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful quilt! Very nice! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...